Sunday, July 27, 2014

Blog 5: Distribution, Circulation, Templates

In order for my MA3 project to be successful, I must interpret each genre I used to its appropriate audience. The concepts of circulation and distribution help incorporate my message to my specific audience demographics for each genre. For example, I used a brochure to explain the different types of surgical treatments their are for skin cancer. Since I am still a college student, I can not broadcast my brochure since I do not have enough credibility in the field of skin cancer to justify my findings against other medical brochures made by practicing doctors. If I were to distribute my brochure to its designated audience, I would send it out to different hospitals and other therapy centers for skin cancer patients. It would be circulated throughout its readers as they share information with other skin cancer patients. 

The template I used for the brochure was professionally styled since the information given inside pertains to a serious tone. A skin cancer patient would not want to read a brochure about possible surgery options he/she might undergo if the layout is disorganized and unprofessional. Using the template given to me, I was able to display several photos and include different texts to explain and show each surgery method. However, the template did present some constraints. The original image sizes installed in the template would not change so the pictures I chose would have to shift and fit the format of the template. Also, the text boxes kept overlapping which presented me with a challenge to fix and rearrange them in the style that I wanted. These types of problems enhanced my agency as a composer since I learned new ways to format templates. I can use these skills for future compositions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment