Thursday, July 31, 2014

Blog 6: Reaching Back, Looking Forward

From the commencement of this class to it's final day, I have learned new characteristics about writing that I intend and will use in my future compositions. The first aspect that I will use is rhetorical analysis. By using this essential analyzation tool, I can illustrate my work through the usage of Aristotle’s artistic appeals and Blitzer’s three steps. I have learned how to make my work look professional and informative to it’s designated audience. 
The second aspect that I will take away from this course is learning how to use different genres. I used to believe that genre mainly revolved around the form of a written piece. However, I found out that genre is the term for any category of literature, whether its audio or visual. It can be writing an email, creating a persuasive essay, or giving a speech. I now understand the usage importance of a specific genre. The third aspect that I have learned from this class is the importance of templates. A template is the fundamental background that I can use when I want to compose a certain work like a brochure or a résumé. I now know how to change template formats and styles.
The fourth and most important aspect of composition that I have learned from this class is that I enjoy writing. I never thought that I would have ever said the previous statement but my English 1102 class has taught me how writing can be a form of expression. I will use the knowledge I obtained this summer for the rest of my writing career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment